You can find inspiration for your recovery journey almost anywhere. Even on Mars. Since 1997, NASA...Read More
In a recent blog entry, we shared a simple countdown technique that can help you deal with the...Read More
- Core Concepts of The Aviary’s Approach to Treatmentby Rob ClineKnowing what an organization stands for can help you decide whether you would like to be a part of that particular community. For example, a business’s mission or purpose statement clearly and concisely explains why that business does what it does. A church (or other house of worship) may have… Read more: Core Concepts of The Aviary’s Approach to Treatment
- Recovery Lessons from the Mars Roversby Rob ClineYou can find inspiration for your recovery journey almost anywhere. Even on Mars. Since 1997, NASA has landed five rovers on Mars, allowing for remarkable exploration of the planet. That, of course, is not an easy thing to do by any measure. NASA recognizes—and works tirelessly to overcome—the challenges. In… Read more: Recovery Lessons from the Mars Rovers
- My Journey and Life in Recovery: 30 Years of Resilience and Hopeby TheAviaryColby Wassmann, alumni coordinator for Aviary Recovery Center, shares his story When we talk about journeys, some are remembered for the smooth roads, while others are recalled for the rocky paths and treacherous turns. My life, a testament to strength and resilience, can be best described by the latter. Imagine,… Read more: My Journey and Life in Recovery: 30 Years of Resilience and Hope
- Will Talk of Your Recovery Be on the Thanksgiving Menu This Year?by Rob ClineThanksgiving is coming. And so are your relatives. You should probably make some decisions about how you are going to talk about your recovery if it comes up over turkey and stuffing. And who are we kidding? It will come up over turkey and stuffing. Here’s something to be thankful… Read more: Will Talk of Your Recovery Be on the Thanksgiving Menu This Year?
- Box Breathing: An Out-of-the-Box Idea for Addressing Anxietyby Rob ClineIn a recent blog entry, we shared a simple countdown technique that can help you deal with the sudden onset of feelings of anxiety. This sort of strategy can be an effective way to deal with the symptoms of a mental health disorder that might be tangled up with your… Read more: Box Breathing: An Out-of-the-Box Idea for Addressing Anxiety