Knowing what an organization stands for can help you decide whether you would like to be a part of that particular community.
For example, a business’s mission or purpose statement clearly and concisely explains why that business does what it does.
A church (or other house of worship) may have a statement of doctrine that lays out the foundational beliefs that inform the teaching and fellowship there.
Similarly, a school or a non-profit may have a list of values that underpin the work being done.
When you are trying to decide whether to accept a job, join a faith community, enroll in a school, or become a volunteer for a non-profit, these sorts of guiding principles can help you determine if your values and goals are in alignment with the organization you are considering.
The same may well be true when you are searching for a place to get treatment for a substance use disorder. Knowing the underlying philosophy of a treatment center can help you make an informed decision that makes it more likely that the place you choose meets your individual needs. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of The Aviary Recovery Center’s foundational ideas.
Our Mission and Our Vision
Our mission and vision statements give a clear picture of who we are and what we are trying to accomplish for each person we serve.
Mission: The Aviary Recovery Center delivers evidence-based treatment in a safe, natural environment that supports recovery to enhance the wellness and productivity of the whole individual and to help them realize their full potential.
Vision: By creating a safe, supportive, and predictable program with compassionate and expert professionals of high character, The Aviary will be the preferred addiction treatment program.
These two brief statements call out some of the most important ideas that drive our work:
- Leaning into evidence-based treatment: our approach to treatment is grounded in research.
- Providing a safe environment: we are committed to providing a space where you can regain your sobriety without temptation and without danger.
- Treating the whole individual: substance use disorders impact every area of your life—and during the treatment process, we emphasize that lasting sobriety is achieved by developing skills in a number of areas.
- Our staff is made up of individuals who are highly trained and who possess high levels of character: you can count on The Aviary staff because we have done the work necessary to learn how to provide effective treatment, we have experience that supplements our knowledge, and we are committed to treating you with empathy and respect.
- Offering support during—and after—treatment: we are always on your side and always working to help you get and stay sober.
Additional Core Beliefs and Approaches
While it is true that you can learn a lot about The Aviary from our mission and vision statements, there are some other key ideas that are central to our work. Among them:
- Substance use disorders are a chronic condition of the brain that can be treated but not cured. This means that substance use disorders—far from stemming from a moral failing or a lack of willpower—are like cardiovascular disease or diabetes in that treatment is absolutely essential.
- We are committed to your whole health, which means a focus on physical wellness, emotional health, nutritional balance, and spirituality (note that this does not necessarily mean religion) as ways to support ongoing sobriety.
- Co-occurring mental health disorders (like depression, anxiety, or trauma-based disorders) are extremely common and entangled with substance use disorders in a variety of ways. We provide treatment for these mental health disorders alongside treatment for your substance use disorder.
- We are committed to collaborating with other providers, working with your insurance company, and making referrals to ensure that your transition back to your day-to-day life is seamless. We are also committed to a continuum of care—which means you can count on our ongoing support as your recovery journey begins.
Simply Put: We are on a Mission to Help You Get Sober
At The Aviary Recovery Center, near St. Louis, MO, everything we do is centered on the goal of helping you regain and maintain your sobriety. We will see you through medically supervised detoxification and a therapeutic rehabilitation program. We will continue to support you as your recovery journey gets underway, and we will always be here to help you start again if you experience a relapse. Make it your personal mission to reclaim your life—and let us help you achieve that essential goal.