If you are concerned about your drinking habits and have decided that professional help is the right decision, The Aviary Recovery Center, our Rehab Near Springfield, Illinois is ready to get you started.
Getting Help with Aviary Recovery
The Aviary Recovery Center has two facilities, located about an hour and a half apart. Our outpatient facility is in Kirkwood, MO, and our other campus, a combined inpatient and outpatient center, is conveniently located less than an hour’s drive from the St. Louis Lambert International Airport, and only a few hours from several major cities, including Kansas City, Cape Girardeau, and Kirksville, MO.
Understanding Alcohol Addiction
At Aviary Recovery Center, we understand that alcohol is a chronic disease and should be treated like any other medical and psychological disorder. Also known as Alcohol Use Disorder or alcoholism, it is characterized by an individual’s inability to control their alcohol consumption despite negative consequences.
Alcohol addiction is considered a medical and psychological disorder, and it can have severe consequences for an individual’s health, relationships, and overall quality of life.
Holistic Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Aviary Recovery Center uses a treatment approach focused on caring for the whole person and integrating addiction treatment, nutritional balance, emotional health, physical wellness, spirituality, and psychiatric health into recovery.
Promotes long-term recovery: By addressing the various aspects of addiction, a holistic approach increases the chances of lasting success.
Empowers individuals: It equips individuals with a variety of tools and strategies to manage their recovery and reclaim control over their lives.
Improves overall well-being: A holistic approach addresses not just addiction but also physical and mental health, leading to a better quality of life.
Provides deeper healing: It helps individuals connect with their inner selves, discover their strengths, and find meaning and purpose in their lives.
Creating Positive Outcomes with Personalized Addiction Treatment Plans
We believe it is important to create a therapeutic alliance between the client and therapist for a positive outcome. Your personalized recovery plan is created by you and your primary therapist based on what you believe is at the center of your addiction. It will include the elements and relationships of your life that you feel are important to address. Our small group sizes allow for a greater opportunity for working through specific challenges of the individual while drawing from the experiences of the whole supportive group.
What is Detox from Alcohol?
Detox from Alcohol: Detoxification, or detox, refers to the process of removing alcohol from your body. While some individuals may experience mild withdrawal symptoms on their own, seeking professional medical supervision for detox is generally recommended, especially for heavy drinkers or those with co-occurring health conditions.
Detox from Alcohol Timeline and Symptoms
Early symptoms (6-12 hours after last drink):
- Anxiety, irritability, restlessness
- Insomnia, trouble sleeping
- Sweating, tremors
- Headache, nausea, vomiting
Peak symptoms (24-72 hours after last drink):
- Seizures (more common in severe cases)
- Fever, rapid heart rate
- Increased anxiety, agitation
- Hallucinations, delusions (in severe cases, known as delirium tremens)
Later symptoms (may last days or weeks):
- Fatigue, low energy
- Depression, mood swings
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory
- Cravings for alcohol
Factors influencing symptom severity:
Level of dependence: Heavier drinkers and those with prolonged abuse tend to experience more severe symptoms.
Individual health: Pre-existing medical conditions can worsen withdrawal effects.
Detox approach: Medically supervised detox offers support and symptom management.
Adult Residential Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
Recovering from alcohol addiction is no small task, especially if you’re trying to get sober while balancing work, family, and personal responsibilities. While you may be reluctant to leave the comforts of home behind, our Residential Treatment Center in Missouri can provide a solid foundation for lasting sobriety.
Benefits of Adult Residential Treatment for Alcohol:
- 24/7 supervision and support: You’ll have access to qualified professionals around the clock to ensure your safety and well-being throughout the detox and recovery process.
- Structured environment: The program will provide a daily routine with scheduled activities, therapy sessions, and group meetings, promoting stability and focus on recovery.
- Intensive therapy: You’ll participate in individual, group, and family therapy sessions to address the underlying causes of your addiction and develop coping mechanisms for long-term sobriety.
- Medically supervised detox (if needed): If you experience withdrawal symptoms, you’ll receive medical care and medication to manage them safely and comfortably.
- Peer support: Connecting with others facing similar challenges can provide valuable understanding, encouragement, and accountability.
- Reduced risk of relapse: The structured environment and support system offered by residential treatment can help minimize the risk of returning to alcohol use.
When you or your loved one has completed treatment, our compassionate and expert team will continue to work with your healthcare provider or PCP to make your transition home as smooth as possible.
Treatment Approach for Alcohol Addiction near Springfield, IL
While alcohol and drug addiction is the primary reason people come to us for treatment, underlying co-occurring issues can often be stumbling blocks to recovery. To address these challenges, our doctorate- and master’s-level clinicians draw from a variety of therapeutic treatment approaches that can include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a widely used and effective approach for treating addiction. Unlike traditional methods that solely focus on behavior modification, CBT delves deeper into the underlying thought patterns and beliefs that contribute to Alcohol Use Disorder.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) is an evidence-based treatment approach that has emerged as a powerful tool for individuals struggling with addiction and various mental health conditions. Unlike traditional therapies that mainly focus on behavior modification, DBT takes a unique perspective, emphasizing emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Motivational interviewing (MI) is a powerful and evidence-based therapeutic technique that can be particularly effective in supporting individuals struggling with addiction recovery. Unlike traditional methods that focus on telling people what to do, MI takes a collaborative approach, empowering individuals to explore their own motivations for change and make their own decisions about their recovery journey.
- Trauma-Responsive Approaches: Trauma and addiction are often intertwined, with trauma experiences increasing the risk of developing substance use disorders as a coping mechanism. Recognizing this connection, trauma-informed approaches are emerging as powerful tools in addiction recovery. These approaches go beyond simply treating addiction and focus on the underlying trauma that may be contributing to it.
Family Wellness Program
Family Wellness Program allows family members to become engaged in the process of helping and supporting their loved ones. At Aviary Recovery Center, we take the opportunity to create an experience that is safe, supportive, educational, and positive for the family and loved ones of the person with a substance use disorder. We take the time to provide education about communication, accountability, and support groups.
Our Family Wellness Program was specifically designed as an educational and social support program for the families and loved ones of people with addictions. The program’s objective is to provide tools to promote health and recovery.
Aftercare is an important part of ongoing recovery. At Aviary Recovery Center, we are committed to providing long-term care beyond our residential and outpatient programs. We do this to help ensure the long-term success of our clients, whose recovery begins at The Aviary but continues for decades.
22933 Hwy. 61
Eolia, MO 63344
View on Google Maps
Aviary Recovery’s residential treatment center in Missouri gives those suffering from substance use disorders a safe space to focus on beginning their path to recovery. Clients stay at the facility full-time, receiving 24/7 care from experienced addiction and mental health professionals in a therapeutically designed environment.
333 S. Kirkwood Ste 303 (Inside PNC bank)
Kirkwood, MO 63122
View on Google Maps
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in Missouri is designed for individuals who can manage many aspects of their life without round-the-clock monitoring or inpatient medical detox for alcohol and drugs, or who may have completed a residential treatment stay. Parking in the back is the best option!